Trusted Escondido Bricklayer
Many homeowners have the notion that a bricklayer is the same profession as a masonry contractor. While the two professionals are closely related, a bricklayer is a craftsman who constructs structures using bricks. A stonemason, on the other hand, is a person who uses stones, bricks, and cinder blocks to construct walls and other kinds of job. The key difference between a bricklayer and a mason is the level of skills. While bricklaying is a branch of masonry, stone masonry can also be involved in cutting and shaping of stonework.
Get in touch with us, dial (760) 993-3837 for free quotes.
For this article, we will focus on the bricklayer.
Understanding the Bricklayer Profession
While bricks are the main material used by Escondido bricklayers, the professionals can also use precast panels and concrete blocks. The finished product of a bricklayer should be level horizontally and true to the corners. To achieve this level of accuracy, there is a need for the professional to attain a certain qualification. It is not easy to work as a bricklayer. The professionals pull, push and lift heavy materials all day long. This means they require strength on the trunks and extremities.
Benefits of Using Brick in Construction
Perhaps you are wondering why you may need to hire a bricklayer. If you have a project that needs to be constructed, you should consider using bricks as the raw material. Here are some of the benefits of bricks in the construction process.
- Aesthetically-pleasing – Bricks come in a wide range of natural colors and textures
- Strength – The compressive strength of bricks is usually very high
- Porosity – Bricks can release and also absorb moisture and this is one of their useful properties. This makes them suitable for regulating humidity and temperature inside structures,
- Fire protection – When bricks are well made, they protect against fire for a maximum of six hours.
- Sound attenuation – A brick with a thickness of 4.5 inches can provide sound insulation of 45 decibels. A brick with a thickness of 9 inches can provide sound insulation of 50 decibels.
- Thermal Insulation – As compared to other construction materials, the thermal insulation of bricks is above average. Bricks can absorb heat and slowly release it making them a good choice for saving energy. They can save 30% more energy as compared to wooden structures.
- Wear resistance – Brick is usually very strong and this means it able to excellently resist wear and tear.
Why Hire A Professional Bricklayer
The first step towards getting an excellent brick structure is to choose a reputed bricklayer. One of the names that are worth considering is Escondido Concrete And Masonry. As a leading masonry contractor in the Escondido area, we have a reputation for constructing memorable brick structures. You can reach us on (760) 993-3837 for a discussion on your project.