Brick Masonry Escondido
Brick masonry Escondido contractors use bricks as an alternative to stones. It is estimated that around 65 percent of all bricks are used in making residential homes while 35 percent are used in making commercial, institutional and industrial structures. While construction methods and techniques keep on changing, the majority of bricks are still used in making brick siding while others are used in making floors, and roofs. Bricks can also be used in the construction of retaining walls. Dial (760) 993-3837 today to get free estimates.
Typical Use of Brick Masonry in Escondido, CA
Bricks are commonly used for various purposes including.
- Structural development -These include foundations, floors, and walls.
- Ornamental uses - Bricks can be used in a variety of joints, bonds, textures, and colors.
- It can be concealed by other materials used in finishing. These include paint, stucco structure or paint. Bricks can also be left exposed on the exterior and interior.
- Bricks can be used in the glass industry and metallurgy to line surfaces.
- Refractory bricks like magnesia, chamotte, silica, and natural refractory bricks can be used in various applications. This kind of brick needs to have good resistance to thermal sock under load, enough porosity, and a high melting point.
- Bricks are commonly used for paving driveways. While it isn’t the perfect choice for withstanding heavy traffic, it can be used to create a decorative surface, especially along a footpath.
Characteristics of Good Bricks
A good masonry contractor should use the best brick quality in construction projects. Therefore, it is important to understand the key qualities of bricks used in construction. Good bricks should:
- Have uniform color, shape, and size. It is advisable to maintain the standard brick size
- Be compact and sound.
- Not have cracks and flaws such as stone nodules and air bubbles. The edges should be sharp and square.
- Not absorb more than a third of their weight.
- Maintain the same volume when wet.
- Not be under-burnt or over-burnt.
- It should be soundproof.
- It should be incombustible and non-inflammable.
Choose Escondido Concrete and Masonry
The success of your brick masonry project begins with choosing the right brick contractor. If you are searching for brick masonry Escondido, you should contact us. At Escondido Concrete And Masonry, we have made a name for our outstanding brick masonry projects. We only work with brick that will assure you of a flawless structure. Contact us at (760) 993-3837 to learn how we can help.